Originally recorded on December 6, 2009 in Sid’s studio, we cover a number of local artist endeavors. On the camera side of things: our local camera store closes, using professional equipment rentals (which are surprisingly affordable), fancy lenses. On the design side: Dave talks about his new “transparent design company” project, the mentality of starting from scratch and the comparatively smaller needs of starter web clients. In local artist news, we talk about “The Button Factory Artist Studios” in Portsmouth, NH. We chat about artist Heidi Brunnell’s “Narcoleptic Owls”; Alen Yen, Japanese robot toy enthusiast, learning to make and manufacture his own robot toys; Vanessa Leigh, model and actress; The work of Bryan Thomas and Elise MacDonald in making local music “listening room” Studio 99 an important part of our local music scene.
Stuff we talked about in the podcast
- CameraLand – Nashua’s local camera shop is closing down.
- Glass and Gear – Professional photographic and entertainment equipment rental in Amherst, NH.
- Agenceum – Dave’s “transparent design company startup”.
- Sid’s blog post on Websites solutions he has used in the past.
- The Button Factory Art Studios in Portsmouth, NH.
picture 1 . 2 . 3.
- Heidi Brunell – Creator of Narcoleptic Owls and Amputee Rabbits. Picture 1 . 2
- Alen Yen (of ToyboxDX) is creating his own character Nekobot Robot Toys as 2GB Flash Drives.
- Vanessa Leigh
- Studio 99 Nashua listening room for musicians and performers, local music scene.